We receive frequent requests for contractor recommendations through e-mail. Following is a list of contractors whom your neighbors have used in the past and are comfortable recommending. Remember to do you own homework through resources like the Better Business Bureau or Angie’s List. Everyone can have a different experience and it is your responsibility to make an educated choice. Also take a look at this article suggested by one of your neighbors on How to Find a Good Contractor.
- Appliance Tec, Factory Authorized Service, (585) 442-8690: These guys were amazing, very on top of their game and personable. Quickly diagnosed our fridge and got us back in business. Highly Recommended by: Dave and Irene Burnet
- Sparklin Kleen, Residential & Light Commercial Cleaning, Barb Kraus (585) 256-2356: Recommended by: Tom Hasman
- Abe’s Commercial & Residential Cleaning, owner: Abe Mesfin (585) 281-7003 email@example.com: Recommended by: Jim on Harvard Street.
- Link’s Window Washing – Matt Turcotte Contact Matt at 757-615-4062 or Mturcotte@msn.com: Did an amazing job – our windows have never looked this good. There is a lot more light coming into our house now. Recommended by: Tom and Linda Hasman
- Mike Williams Electric, (585) 598-4200 williamselectric.net Mike installed our EV Car Charger, he was great to work with! If you are looking to get an EV Car Charger installed. Give him a call. He also does general Electrical work. Recommended by: Dave and Irene Burnet
- Laughlin Electric, Jim Laughlin (585) 424-1800: Recommended by: Dave and Irene Burnet
- Bud Hulse & Steve Ginovsky – Master Electricians firstname.lastname@example.org: (Bud’s Cell: 585-329-5150) or (Steve’s Cell: 585-330-6214): Recommended by: Tom Hasman
- Sue Fleig, Sue’s Clip Joint-Mobile Grooming Salon, (585) 455-8859: She grooms both my girls and is super patient and kind. She was wonderful with little Lola’s deformed legs, equally wonderful after the reconstruction surgery and even now with my crazy one. She is also a trainer, so knows how to handle difficult doggies. Recommended by: Barb Kraus
- Bark Ave Dog, (585) 244-2275 159 Park Ave: Kelly takes great care of our little Sophie including teeth cleaning! Recommended by: Dave and Irene Burnet
- Nicholas Caines (25 years experience-references available) 585-857-8051 (leave message). Recommended by Anne Irwin
- Cherie’s Household Services: Cherie lives in the neighborhood and does gardening/garden clean-up, pet-sitting and housecleaning. She is reliable, trust-worthy and affordable. Phone (972) 489-0074. Recommended by Esther Brill
- Mulcahy Landscaping: Kevin Mulcahy (Cell: 424-0136); (Office: 339-9209); email: email@example.com: Kevin cleared out huge amounts of concrete, took down our deck and replaced it with a paver patio with LED lighting. He did a terrific job, was responsive and very helpful in creating the design. Very easy to work with. Recommended by Gary Domenico.
- Need boulders? Call Kenn Baker (585) 520-8071
- Zaretsky and Associates, Inc. 1965 Watson Hulburt Road, Macedon, NY 14502 (585) 377-8330: Landscape & garden design, installation & consulting. Serving Monroe, Wayne, Ontario Counties, Rochester, the Finger Lakes and all of Western New York. Bruce did the design of Morrison Park.
- Mark Tortarella, BEST Lawn and Snowplowing, (585) 797-3020: He and his staff have been cutting, trimming and blowing out my lawn for the past two years. He is reasonable, easy to talk to and does a great job on schedule. Recommended by: Barb Kraus
- Broccolo Tree & Lawn, (585) 424-4476: They did our new walkway in the front of our home and the front landscaping. Recommended by: Dave and Irene Burnet
Eric Norden 755-6940 Landscape Caretaker: Attention to detail, reasonable hourly rate, great for garden bed, edging and the like. Recommended by: Esther Brill
MASONRY & STONE WORK:
Stonelove Masonry, Rochester, New York, www.stonelovemasonry.net: Stonelove demonstrated expert knowledge (always a priority with any contractor); discussed alternatives (good learning experience); developed a schedule and stuck with it; prepared a budget estimate and did not deviate from it (albeit we never had any snags in the projects) and constructed beautifully finished and well made products. Recommended by: Amy Hecker and Howard Decker.
HANDY MAN & CARPENTRY SERVICES:
DPD Construction, Dan Deane (585) 721-3598: Dan did a great job with a window framing project. He did the work in a time frame he promised, went beyond the scope of work discussed and came in under budget. He is also doing a terrific job on the deck and porch next door at 90 Calumet. Recommended by: Gary Domenico ** Second recommendation for Dan: Our garage was hit by a car and Dan was able to frame up and repair the damaged area and get the garage doors working again. Great job! Recommended by: Dave and Irene Burnet
Mark Schoonerman (585) 202-6627: An outstanding carpenter who completely rebuilt our upper and lower back porches. Recommended by: Katie Schmitz
Kevin Brinson (585) 414-9049: Cleaned gutters of Todd’s home and Todd uses him for handy man services at homes that he has listed. Recommended by: Todd Perkins
Tim Harrison (585) 704-6732: Tim has done many jobs for us – all to our great satisfaction. He has hung doors, fitted doors to difficult openings, jacked up our dining room, scraped and painted our basement walls, installed a shower door, put up a stockade fence, and cleans and maintains our gutters. Our old house presents many challenges and Tim has been able to deal with them with equanimity. He is an efficient, clean worker and we have always been pleased with his work. Recommended by Priscilla and Rob Brown. ** Another recommendation for Tim: Tim did a great job painting my kitchen which required doing some plastering and minor wall repair, and did the job in the time he specified and at the price he quoted. I am totally satisfied with his performance, and definitely recommend him to others for this kind of work. Recommended by: Mort Isaacs
HEATING & COOLING:
- John Betlem Heating & Cooling Inc, Jim Betlem (585) 271-8888: 1996 Carrier High Efficiency Furnace, runs like a top and is very, very energy efficient! Recommended by: Jeffrey Larson & Richard Conheady
- Metro Heating & Cooling, Joe LaDelfa (585) 232-5400: Locally owned and operated, right around the corner at 1830 East Main St. Joe and his crew provided great service on repairs and later on installation. They shared our concerns about keeping the pathway to the jobsite neat and clean. Recommended by: Annette & Damian Weidmann
- Kenn Parks (585) 857-0853: Has painted other homes for me in the past. Recommended by: Katie Schmitz
- Al LaVilla, Target Distributing and Contract Service (585) 426-7942: Painted our house and was extremely professional. He prides himself on being EPA certified and following all of the EPA lead paint protocols that are now legally mandated. He uses Sherwin Williams Duration premium paint. Recommended by: Mike Hunt and Joan Kohout.
John Skivington (585) 469-4454: John has done multiple painting jobs for our family. He is timely, professional and reasonably priced. He has been painting professionally for years. Recommended by: Nicci Fitzgerald
- Colors & Colors (585) 705 0899 – Tom Johnston – firstname.lastname@example.org: Colors & Colors did a complete interior (and some exterior) painting project for us which included removing old linen fabric from our walls down to the plaster, repairing the walls and then applying new color. Tom was very knowledgeable about old home maintenance and made very good suggestions on how to handle our project issues. Tom and his team were professional, enthusiastic, and respectful of our home. Recommended by: Nancy & Brian Sears ** Another recommendation for Colors & Colors: Tom and Eric and their team do great work, attentive to detail, indoors and out; they are easy to communicate with and responsive to requests. Recommended by: Esther Brill ** And Another Recommendation: Tom and Eric were very helpful every step of the way. They were particularly helpful in assisting with color choices and their work was excellent. Recommendation by: Gary Domenico
- Refined Wall Finishing (Faux Painting) – Wendie Laurel – (585) 624-5400:
Wendie is a painter AND artist. She transformed, with faux painting techniques, our painted ceiling beams to make them appear as dark grained wood to blend with our furniture. Amazing !!! Recommended by: Nancy Sears
- Steve Ellis Did a great job for us, quick response & follow-up, great crew, fair price – love the results!
- Boss Contracting (585) 944-6608. Contact: Lorenzo DiSalvo. Painted the outside of our houses. The painters did an excellent job and kept a neat workspace. They also did a final “touch up” at the end to ensure that any areas that were “bleeding through” or missed received an extra coat of paint. They were also reasonably priced. Recommended by: Bruce Winship and Tom & Linda Hasman
- ALLWAYS Painting 585-857-4926: This contractor has done several rooms in our Park Ave. Home and we have been pleased with the results every time. Very professional and neat and finishes on schedule. Chris does excellent work for a fair price. Interior and exterior, decks and power washing. Recommended by: Theodore Glende
STARSSpecial Team of Apparation Research & SeekersChuck D.-lead investigator and founderI had been experiencing odd “things” in my house. The basement was creeping me out, Shadows were checking on my through the kitchen doorway, and I was smelling perfume and cigar smoke. So who do you call? STARS! Just like t.v, Chuck and his crew all came in with their ghost hunting equipment. They were here for 5 hours and investigated all 4 floors of the house. Their voice recorders picked up various things. Answers to the shadows, cigar smoke and perfume were found. These folks were professional and easy to trust in my home. I am happy to put them on contractors we like! Oh-is my house haunted? HMMMM! After all, I AM the Halloween House! Recommended by Barb Kraus
- Howe & Bassett (585) 271.4040: Steve and team are outstanding! They have done so much work for us, always quality and always fair.
RENOVATION & HOME IMPROVEMENT:
- Tom Dobbins of Dobbins Construction – (585) 721-5536 or email@example.com: Tom and a couple of his employees did a considerable amount of work to my home and garage, which included straightening and reframing my leaning garage to accommodate a new garage door, adding recessed lighting throughout, relocating a door opening, relocating a heating/cooling vent, installed a chandelier and so much more. Tom is a true professional and was a pleasure to work with. Recommended by Janina Guthrie
- Becker Glass Block, Craig Becker, owner 585-356-4047: Craig followed through with everything he proposed and more. He was on time and did great work despite a few challenges. His pricing was competitive and he cleaned up completely when finished. I was very satisfied with the whole process. Recommended by: Gary Domenico
- DeRisio Construction/Home Improvements (585) 613-2114: Nick DeRisio has done lots of work for me in the past and he is now in the process of completely restoring my Homer Street House….walls, bathroom, electricity, decks, plumbing, etc. His is first class work and he is highly recommended on Angie’s List, too. Recommended by: Peter Hens
- Joe Spinelli (585) 737-5377: Renovated our bathroom, was great to work with, outstanding attention to detail and works well with local suppliers. The guys he hires are real craftsman. The carpentry and tile work done was just amazing. Recommended by: Dave and Irene Burnet (2013 Bathroom Renovation)
- Kirkwall Construction, Ted Robertson (585) 271-2396: Performed an amazing transformation of our kitchen. Recommended by: Dave and Irene Burnet (2000 Kitchen Renovation) ** Another recommendation for Ted: For replacing shingles and wood siding with their usual high degree of craftsmanship and compliance with EPA lead paint requirements. Recommended by: Mike Hunt and Joan Kohout.
- Doug Hammond, Renovation Specialist – Kitchens, Baths, Ceramic Tile, Replacement Windows & Doors, 95 Arvine Heights (585) 458-3519; cell (585) 472-4168, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org: Doug did a beautiful pergola for us, and attic replacement windows. Recommended by Esther Brill & R. J. Ruble
- Alaimo Custom Painting Interior/Exterior/Custom Painting/Drywall Finishing/Residential/Commercial (Fully Insured) Free Estimates contact Jon Alaimo at (585) 797-7908: Recommended by: Natalie and Karl Frame
- Rick Kaczka, R&R Remodeling, 1083 Genesee Park Blvd, Rochester, NY 14619 (585) 328-1416: Rick does all kinds of internal remodeling, kitchens, bathrooms, drywall, tile etc.. He is very knowledgeable of old homes and has great ideas. His work is impeccable and he is very easy to work with. I am happy to provide references and show the work he has done for us. Recommended by: Zsuzanna Marchl
- Premier Home Solutions (John Regis and Andrew Cook) (585) 678-1178: They installed a new roof, siding and attic insulation last summer. They are currently renovating our bathroom and adding a 1st floor laundry. They do outstanding work and are full of great ideas. Very trustworthy and professional. Recommended by: Jason and Jackie Pacos
- Robel Woodwork, Mike Robel (585) 392-8280 Specializing in Kitchens, Baths, Door/Window, Decks and Additions: Mike has done a bunch of different projects around my house including windows, siding and general carpentry. Recommended by: James Hondorf
- Burnett Wordworks: Mark Burnett did the railings for our back porch to match the front and recently manufactured and installed our front steps. He does amazing work, check out his website. Recommended by Dave and Irene Burnet
- Josh Zamiara, Artisan Techniques – 747-5922: Did a wonderful bathroom renovation, excellent attention to detail for older houses, reasonable rates, super to communicate with. Recommended by: Esther Brill
- Todd Fritz, Inc, John Chatt (585) 734-1889: 2010 full house roof with tear-off and new flashings, excellent/outstanding work! Recommended by: Jeffrey Larson & Richard Conheady
- Kimberly Brown Roofing (585) 261-1402: Recommended by: Karl and Natalie Frame