Some neighbors have been telling me that they have signed up for Greenlight service but they were not asked to enter a credit card number for the $10 deposit. Note that if you were not prompted to choose a monthly plan ($50, $75 or $100 level) and make a $10 deposit, then you are NOT signed up for Greenlight. Here’s how to choose a plan and make the $10 deposit.
(1) Click on this link and fill out all information (including your address) and click “Check Availability” at the bottom of the page.
(2) Once you click “Check Availability,” you will either get a congratulations screen saying you are in a Greenlight district or a message that your e-mail address is already in use. Follow the appropriate instructions below based on this message.
(2) (a) Congratulations: Greenlight will send an e-mail to the address you entered in step 1. That e-mail will include a sign up link and password for you to use to pick a plan (the $50 one is sufficient) and put down the $10 deposit.
(2) (b) E-mail already in use: If you enter your e-mail address and get a prompt that the e-mail address you entered is already in use, then send an e-mail to email@example.com and ask them to reset the password (be sure to include the e-mail address that is associated with the account).
(3) Once you get the new password, go to Greenlight’s home page at https://greenlightnetworks.com/. Log into your account using the e-mail address and new password they gave you. This time you will be able to log into your account and choose a plan and enter a credit card for the $10 deposit.
Frequently Asked Questions: