Some neighbors have been telling me that they have signed up for Greenlight service but they were not asked to enter a credit card number for the $10 deposit. Note that if you were not prompted to choose a monthly plan ($50, $75 or $100 level) and make a $10 deposit, then you are NOT signed up for Greenlight. Here’s how to choose a plan and make the $10 deposit.
(1) Click on this link and fill out all information (including your address) and click “Check Availability” at the bottom of the page.
(2) Once you click “Check Availability,” you will either get a congratulations screen saying you are in a Greenlight district or a message that your e-mail address is already in use. Follow the appropriate instructions below based on this message.
(2) (a) Congratulations: Greenlight will send an e-mail to the address you entered in step 1. That e-mail will include a sign up link and password for you to use to pick a plan (the $50 one is sufficient) and put down the $10 deposit.
(2) (b) E-mail already in use: If you enter your e-mail address and get a prompt that the e-mail address you entered is already in use, then send an e-mail to email@example.com and ask them to reset the password (be sure to include the e-mail address that is associated with the account).
(3) Once you get the new password, go to Greenlight’s home page at https://greenlightnetworks.com/. Log into your account using the e-mail address and new password they gave you. This time you will be able to log into your account and choose a plan and enter a credit card for the $10 deposit.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I sign up?
Click on the following link. Create an account, provide your address and use a credit card to put down the $10 deposit. Click Here
What is the installation fee and price of the service?
There is a $100 installation fee to bring the fiber into your house. After that you, pay $50 a month for the service (includes taxes and fees). They also have $75 and $100 options but the speed you get with the $50 option is more than enough.
Are there any other costs?
You do need to provide your own router. On the plus side, you won’t have to pay a monthly router fee to the DSL or cable company anymore.
Is the whole neighborhood eligible?
Almost. There is a small section that Greenlight is making a part of the Douglas-East neighborhood. To see if your house is included, check the map of their coverage Click Here
When will I get service?
As soon as we get enough sign ups, Greenlight will install the fiber which will take 40-90 days. Once you’re hooked up, you can do a big dance while you cancel your current Internet service.
Do I need to sign a contract?
No, Greenlight does not require a contract and there is no penalty should you decide to cancel the service in the future. That said, once you see the speed of fiber, you will probably never go back to DSL or cable Internet.
Any questions or issues signing up, give me a call at 585-857-3718 or e-mail me at Thasman@aol.com and I will help you with the sign up process.
Tom Hasman, Former President of the ABC St. Neighborhood Association